[Bioperl-l] job opening for a Perl Developer

Gavin Sherlock sherlock at genome.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 11 23:31:02 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Apologies if a job posting here is inappropriate for the list, but I
thought it a good way to reach BioPerl developers.  I have a newly
funded database (the Aspergillus Genome Database), which will reuse
the code from the Candida Genome Database (which in turn was taken
from SGD), and have an open position for a Perl programmer that I
would like to fill ASAP.  The project us funded for the next 5 years.
Most of the code is object oriented, and we use BioPerl for some of
the sequence manipulations.  We will be doing significant development
on the code base, and also want to make it much more robust by
developing a test suite, which doesn't really exist at the moment.