[Bioperl-l] Failed Istallation

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 9 13:04:06 UTC 2009

On Jan 9, 2009, at 2:11 AM, Wesley Arthur wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Fields" <cjfields at illinois.edu

Do you have an old 'bioperl' PPM installed (1.4, 1.5.2)?  We are
calling the package BioPerl now (note capitalization), which is a
giveaway (the above message has both 'bioperl' and 'BioPerl').  Try
uninstalling the older bioperl PPM first, then installing BioPerl.

I wondered if this would be a problem, but it doesn't appear to affect
anything other than PPM installation.  I'll check in with ActiveState
on this to see if there is a solution.