[Bioperl-l] The Power of R

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 7 15:49:52 UTC 2009

I agree completely.  On an ironic note (quoted from 'Programming Perl'):

External Testing
Modules uploaded to CPAN are tested by a variety of volunteers on
different platforms. These CPAN testers are notified by mail of each
new upload, and reply to the list with PASS, FAIL, NA (not applicable
to this platform), or UNKNOWN (unknown), along with any relevant
notations. You can find the mailing list for CPAN testers at cpan-testers at perl.org
; test results are posted at http://testers.cpan.org/.

That's all just the preliminary testing, of course. The real testing
begins when someone plugs your little module into a web server that's
cranking out a million pages a day. Or uses your module to help design
the airplane you'll be riding in someday soon.

So go ahead, skip writing those pesky little tests. See if we care...

chris