[Bioperl-l] The Power of R

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 7 13:26:14 UTC 2009

Not to bash this, as it is a decent piece of software, but...  : >

1) Painful to install, and doesn't support a local perl installation
(keeps attempting to go back and use my 5.8.8 instead of my local 5.10).
2) Not on CPAN.
3) Though this is supposed to be bidirectional, R from Perl is not
well supported and apparently does not work for Windows.
4) Doesn't appear to be well-supported in general.

I do not intend on writing a full perl suite for R/BioC analyses if I
end up having to work around problems with the critical module.

-c