[Bioperl-l] Bio::Draw

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 5 17:04:20 UTC 2009

All,

We have a couple of modules which were migrated out of core with the
Bio::Graphics split which are really independent of Lincoln's various
Bio::Graphics modules.  Tim Nugent has indicated he will continue
developing Bio::Graphics::DrawTransmembrane as well as other
Bio::Graphics module on Lincoln's Sourceforge repo.

However, we have been unable to contact Shawn Hoon, the author of
Bio::Graphics::Pictogram.  I have tentatively added this module back
to bioperl-live (along with tests) as Bio::Draw::Pictogram per
Lincoln's suggestion, but I'm a bit reluctant to merge this to 1.6
until some of the other core devs indicate the namespace is okay.  Any
objections/comments?