[Bioperl-l] Fw: broken Bio::SeqIO in bioperl on OS X (fink)

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 13:37:41 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

This is the output from the user:

$ perl -e 'print (join "\n", @INC, "\n")'
/sw/lib/perl5/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/sw/lib/perl5/5.8.8
/sw/lib/perl5/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/sw/lib/perl5
/sw/lib/perl5/darwin
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.8
/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Library/Perl/5.8.8
/Library/Perl
/Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8
/Network/Library/Perl
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8
/Library/Perl/5.8.6
/Library/Perl/5.8.1

Additionally, he uses an Intel-Mac, I still have an older PPC-Mac. Maybe perl is compiled differently on both systems?

And to answer your other question, the bioperl package in fink does not do any testing, since that assumes the user to be online. If the user happens not to be online, the build will fail. So it's just a practical reason.

cheers,

- Koen.