[Bioperl-l] function for duplication events?

K. Shameer shameer at ncbs.res.in
Thu Feb 19 13:08:23 UTC 2009

Hi Chrysanthi,

You can create/visualize a tree by parsing a file (for example newick
format). Hope the HOWTO:Trees section will help you to kick start
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:Trees

If you are looking for feature-rich visualization, you can try Phyloxml
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Phyloxml_Project_Demo

I am not sure about the function to identify duplication events. Can you
elaborate a bit on what you are looking for ?

Cheers,
Khader Shameer