[Bioperl-l] Packaging Bio::Ext::HMM for CPAN, was Re: Problems with Bioperl-ext package on WinVista?

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 19 04:13:53 UTC 2009

Yee Man Chan wrote:
> I think it is better to keep Bio-Tools-HMM within the Bio-Ext package and then spin this whole Bio-Ext package out to CPAN. I am ok with Robert's arrangement to move the related pm files under Bio/Tools/ to the new Bio-Ext package.

The long-term development plan is to factor *ALL* of Bioperl into
individual distributions similar to Bio-Tools-HMM.  It is actually much
easier to maintain and release code in this "broken up" way.

This means that the Bio-Ext package is going to go away, so it doesn't
make sense to keep Bio-Tools-HMM in it.  Chris, other core devs, do you
agree with this?

> I have a PAUSE already due to my other CPAN contributions. So there is no need to create a new one. My PAUSE account is UMVUE.
Oh good, the next step would just be to coordinate when to do the
release in concert with Bioperl 1.6.1, right?

Rob