[Bioperl-l] Bio::Robotics namespace discussion

Jonathan Cline jncline at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 03:06:19 UTC 2009

Chris Fields wrote:

> Your modules may or may not need the Bio* namespace (that's up to you,
> actually); there are several non-bioperl modules that also share the
> Bio* namespace, and I believe there are modules that aren't Bio* that
> use BioPerl (Gbrowse comes to mind).  If you're focusing on
> interaction with robotics, Robotics::Bio::X might be a better
> namespace for instance (b/c you could expand later into other possibly
> non-bio robotics interfaces).

Based on your & other opinions I have received, I am creating:

Robotics.pm   (high level hardware abstraction layer)
Robotics::Tecan
Robotics::Tecan::Genesis

I'll post a release note when it's reached an interesting level of
maturity (estimate a couple weeks from now) so anyone with the hardware
can play with the package.  It's currently working great, and I am
adding functionality on a daily basis.

## Jonathan Cline
## jcline at ieee.org
## Mobile: +1-805-617-0223