[Bioperl-l] GFF and LocatableSeq refactoring

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Aug 16 15:48:52 UTC 2009

On Aug 16, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> On Aug 15, 2009, at 10:49 PM, Chris Fields wrote:
>
>> Not sure about calling it bioperl-phylo (which might be confused
>> with Rutger's Bio::Phylo).
>

> Frankly, it seems to me that either is more powerful in combination
> with the other, so I don't quite see how the name suggesting some
> linkage isn't a Good Thing rather than bad.
>
> 	-hilmar

I don't have a problem as long as there is some emphasis they are two
separate, but related, projects.  There is quite a bit of crossover
between the two (particularly with the last few bioperl-related GSoC
projects), but I would rather not have to worry about users emailing
the list wondering why something in bioperl-phylo doesn't work when
they installed Bio::Phylo instead (or vice-versa).  Maybe Bio::Phylo
could be added as a recommended module with bioperl-phylo to alleviate
that?