[Bioperl-l] BLINK PARSER

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Sat Aug 15 17:40:26 UTC 2009

Hi Sanjay-
I'm not sure BioPerl has an interface specifically for BLINK (I will
be corrected if I'm wrong, so stay tuned). If you can obtain the
"raw" blast output for the protein you're interested in ( doing
[BLINK] then [Other Views: BLAST] then [Format:Show: Alignment as Plain text] )
that text can be parsed using the Bio::SearchIO tools, and you can use
Bio::Search::Tiling
to obtain the 'best' hsps. This may not be too helpful, I'm afraid, but it is
where
I would start.
Mark