[Bioperl-l] Module issue with cygwin-perl vs. Activestate Perl

Jonathan Cline jncline at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 19:41:21 UTC 2009

Mark A. Jensen wrote:
> Sorry, I cut off the last script. The entire thing follows:

This is exactly what I was looking for - thanks.  A method to modify
Makefile.PL, install in Activestate, etc is great.  Perhaps your method
could also be improved for portability by using `cygpath` although few
cygwin installs modify this beyond the default (to get rid of hardcoded
"/cygdrive/x/").   I will definitely save your code for later.

I've implemented another workaround, which is to use Win32::Pipe and
other Win32:: methods.  This has problems of it's own  (support is not
100%) and error-free implementation not as easy as requiring Activestate
Perl, however it should work with both Activestate and cygwin-perl (and
Unix).

## Jonathan Cline
## jcline at ieee.org
## Mobile: +1-805-617-0223