[Bioperl-l] AlignIO error with aligments containing an all-gap sequence

Bernd Web bernd.web at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:44:42 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

I have observed the same (with bioperl 1.52) for the same reason. It
would be nice not to have these errors as also in my view an all-gaps
sequence is a sequence. I also found that sometimes parsing such
alignments fails when the all-gaps sequence is the last in the
alignment (bug 2744, in Bio::LocatableSeq).

Regards,
Bernd