[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqIO issue

Hilgert, Uwe hilgert at cshl.edu
Wed Aug 5 20:27:28 UTC 2009

Is my impression correct that Bio::SeqIO just assumes that sequences are
being submitted in FASTA format? In our experience, implementing
Bio::SeqIO led to the first line of files being cut off, regardless of
whether the files were indeed fasta files or files that only contained
sequence. Which, in the latter, led to sequence submissions that had the
first line of nucleotides removed. Has anyone tried to write a fix for
this?

Thanks,

Uwe

Uwe Hilgert, Ph.D.