[Bioperl-l] Clear range from Bio::Seq::Quality?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:31:39 UTC 2009

Hi Heikki,

Thanks very much for the advice on how to better implement the clear
range method within the Bio::Seq::Quality object. I can understand the
logic of what you have written, and it all sounds reasonable. The only
problem is that I am very inexperienced with working on object
oriented Perl (my 'one man' projects to date have never really
required me to think beyond scripts, and its been years since I
actually tried to code objects in Perl).

To be specific, when you say, "Lets add a method that sets the
threshold and stores it internally as $self->_threshold", ignoring any
other functionality, what would that method look like? in particular,
how would $self->_threshold be implemented?

I think once I see that detail, I can go ahead and try to code what
you suggested.

Similarly (Chris), where would I put the tests / how would they be implemented?

Thanks again for the feedback.

All the best,
Dan.