[Bioperl-l] Creating a fastq format file?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 10:49:42 UTC 2009

Creating a fastq format file from fasta and 'fasta quality file'?

Hi,

I'm sure this is easy, but I'm still not able to 'think bioperl'...

I have a 'fasta quality file' and a fasta file, and I would like to
output a fastq file. I followed the discussion on the previous thread
here:

http://bioperl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2008-July/028013.html

With the conclusion seeming to be 'just do it'. Could someone point me
at a way to do this, or was that suggestion an error? i.e. the poster
was working out a way to create a fastq the only way possible...

I get the feeling that this should be a one-liner, but perhaps the
above thread was demonstrating the code I need to copy.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Dan.