[Bioperl-l] Google Summer of Code 2009 BioPerl Student Applications

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:50:46 UTC 2009

Howdy,

There are two student applications for The Perl Foundation this year
which are BioPerl-related, and I would very much like for them to
succeed, but most of the current mentors do not have the background to
judge whether they are possible in the time given, or what most of
words mean for that matter.

We really need some feedback from BioPerl people as to the viability
of this applications, as well as comments and suggestions for
implementation issues.

Please sign up at the GSoC web app [1], then apply to be a mentor for
The Perl Foundation. It requires me to manually accept you and then
you will be able to view the 19 applications we received this year.
Please also join the private mentor list [2] and the students+mentors
list [3] if you would like to keep up to date and get involved.
Welcome!

Cheers,

[1] http://socghop.appspot.com/
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/tpf-gsoc