[Bioperl-l] parsing /www.ebi.ac.uk/pdbsum/

Paola Bisignano paola.bisignano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:08:57 EDT 2009

Hi, thanks for accepting me in the mailing list, I'm Paola and I work
in the institute of cancer in Genoa, Italy, as a bioinformatic...I'm
biologist, quite new in perl...(2 months) and never used
bioperl...because I prefer learning a little perl before, but now
parsing, parsing, and parsing bioinformatic web sites....I need
Bioperl :-)
I visited www.bioperl.org and read tutorials, I read about a lot of
moduls used to parse different web site. I need to parse one in
particular EMBL-EBI http://www.ebi.ac.uk/pdbsum/ that is different
from EMBL because there are also other information protein-ligand
interaction....I never used bioperl moduls...and parsed by
myself...but If the receptor has more ligands...it is more difficult
to parse...to choose which ligands I need because there are "false"
ligands as ions or glycerol that I don't need but I don't know the
synthax of this source...for everything can be seen as a ligand....so
I want to know if there are moduls that I can use to do my
analysis...if anyone can help me...is very wellcome... Thanks