[Bioperl-l] Creating a fastq format file?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:10:14 EDT 2009

2009/4/22 Mike Williams <drummike at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:49 AM, Dan Bolser <dan.bolser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Creating a fastq format file from fasta and 'fasta quality file'?
>>
>> I have a 'fasta quality file' and a fasta file, and I would like to
>> output a fastq file. I followed the discussion on the previous thread
>> here:
>>
>> With the conclusion seeming to be 'just do it'. Could someone point me
>> at a way to do this, or was that suggestion an error?
>

> Hi there.  You should take a look at the documentation for formatdb, that
> will get you there.
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/docs/formatdb.html

Really? I don't find the word fastq anywhere in that file... I know
the fastq format isn't that complex, but why write my own custom
conversion utility if one already exists right?

Bioperl is so good at converting between other formats, I just assumed
there should be a couple of lines to get this done.

Cheers,
Dan.

--
Talk live to HOT bioperl developers in your area NOW!!
irc://irc.freenode.net/#bioperl