[Bioperl-l] how to suppress Bioperl exceptions

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sat Apr 11 11:56:35 EDT 2009

Hi Jarod,

in addition to Mark's response, what you say in your message would
mean that corruption is in specific entries of a file and you want to
skip those, rather than entire files.

If this is true, then you'd have to put the $seq=$seqio->next_seq()
call into the try {} block as that'd be the one that would raise the
exception. The SeqIO parsers don't generally guarantee though that
they will gracefully recover from a parsing error and advance to the
next record; I think the genbank parser will do that, but you will
definitely want to check that.

	-hilmar