[Bioperl-l] Creating a fastq format file?

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Wed Apr 22 09:33:08 EDT 2009

Dan- There is a fastq module under Bio::SeqIO. Do something like

          use Bio::Seq::Quality;
          use Bio::SeqIO;

         # from Bio::Seq::Quality synopsis...
         my $qual = '0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12';
         my $trace = '0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55';

         my $seq = Bio::Seq::Quality->new
             ( -qual => $qual,
               -trace_indices => $trace,
               -seq =>  'atcgatcgatcg',
               -id  => 'human_id',
               -accession_number => 'S000012',
               -verbose => -1   # to silence deprecated methods
         );
        # typical Bio::SeqIO call
        $seqio = Bio::SeqIO( -file => ">your_file", -format=>'fastq');
        $seqio->write_seq($seq);

 Mark