[Bioperl-l] BioPerl Installation Help

Matthew Schultz mdschultz at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 25 22:06:02 UTC 2008

Hi Bioperl,

I've been trying to install bioperl on my Ubuntu machine I'm new to Bioperl
and don't have much experience in unix so I'm at a loss for what to do
next.  I tried to follow the instructions on using CPAN to install Bioperl,
but the installation failed.  At first I thought it was because of the few
warnings I received, but after trying the "force install" command without
success either I'm not so sure.  I was about to try the alternate option
using Build.pl, but am not sure where the Bioperl installation should go
(or will the Build.pl script place it in the right folder?).  Any help or
advice you could give would be appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

-Matt Schultz

P.S.  Here are the failed test results:

Failed Test        Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/BioFetch_DB.t                  27    4  14.81%  8 20-21 27
t/DB.t                           78    2   2.56%  30-31
t/EMBL_DB.t                      15    3  20.00%  6 13-14
t/GuessSeqFormat.t               46    1   2.17%  11
t/InterProParser.t    2   512    47    1   2.13%  2
t/tutorial.t          2   512    21    6  28.57%  19-21
18 subtests skipped.
Failed 6/179 test scripts, 96.65% okay. 14/8122 subtests failed, 99.83% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force