[Bioperl-l] Converting EnSeMBL Probe names to Gene Symbol with Bioperl

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers-institute.org
Fri Sep 19 13:09:00 UTC 2008

Chris is right- the Ensembl perl API works fine. If you care to go this route and want to crib the code, you will see that my script has a commented out implementation using Ensembl perl API - it suffered from being MUCH TOO SLOOOOOOOOOO - accessing the tables directly was MUCH faster (unpublished correspondance with self)

However, the API is much more likely to be backwards compatible in the face of database schema changes at Ensembl....

Malcolm Cook