[Bioperl-l] Getting Genomic Sequences using Bioperl

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 27 19:13:46 UTC 2008

Craig,

I'm CCing the Bioperl list in case someone has suggestions.

If I were faced with this task I'd either use the ENSEMBL API
(described on the Getting Genomic Sequences page) or the eutils API at
NCBI or I'd take a look at the UCSC Genome Browser. There are people
who are experts at using the eutils API in this list, perhaps they'll
have some specific suggestions about how to get genomic sequences
starting with Gene ids.

Brian O.