[Bioperl-l] Test coverage for BioPerl now available

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Wed Oct 1 08:07:49 UTC 2008

Thanks for doing this Mauricio!  Great to have this resource and to
follow up on the excellent efforts by Nathan and Sendu to get this
ball rolling..

We have a couple of Virtual Hosts through Chris Dagdigian and
BioTeam's donated resources that we can setup postgres and mysql
instances for biosql and even Bio::DB::GFF & Bio::DB::SeqFeature
testing. Let's see what Chris's plans are for the current VM instance
- we have talked about also starting to port some of the websites to
separate instances of the VM to spread the load a little bit more.

One idea that can follow out of doing this work is some sort of
testable reference servers for some of the bio{*} tools to access some
basic datasets and hosting.   Maybe with a simple Swissprot instance
and a slice of a genbank division so that working gbrowse backend &
biosql instances can be used for code testing and development purposes.

-jason