[Bioperl-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] BioPerl 1.6 release agenda

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Thu Nov 27 21:53:18 UTC 2008

> agave
>> alf
>> chadoxml
>> chaos
>> flybase_chadoxml
>> strider
>>

> Possible candidates to be moved out of core into a dev (unless we come up
> with some tests!).

Agreed.

>  - a few of the modules throw off some warnings (which don't cause any test
>> failures).
>>
>> Still warrants some investigation, but I agree.  We can turn off warning
> if needed, but I would rather try to find what is triggering them (it's
> almost always something).

Sounds good. I'll add those to the TODO list on the wiki.

> I'll change AlignIO and SearchIO over to this and work on cleaning up test
> file names.  We'll need to update the wiki accordingly.

I've updated the 1.6 release talk page to describe the hierarchical t/
structure I used for SeqIO.

> Feel free to do more restructuring along these lines; we have the other
> IO's (Assembly, Resstriction, Tree, Feature, and a few others I think), and
> I could see collecting various modules into a collective structure, such as
> Ontology, Tools, Graphics, etc.

> If you do just post a note here or on the wiki (I'll do likewise) so we
> don't work on the same thing.

Will do.

> Anyone else wanting to join in please let us know likewise.

Yes, anyone looking to lend a hand, please speak up! Restructuring these
test files does not require much expertise in BioPerl, and it's a good way
to get your feet wet.

I've gone through the list of outstanding bugs on the release page and tried
to do some triage on which release they seemed appropriate for -- see the
big TODO table on:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Talk:Release_1.6

Chris, I know you've been working hard on going through a lot of bugs in the
last few days. Hope I'm not stepping on your toes there; just trying to get
something written down on the list for each one of them so we can all
discuss and see what's left to be done.

Dave