[Bioperl-l] Thoughts on some test reorganization

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Nov 17 09:45:04 UTC 2008

Charles Plessy wrote:
> if I can make a wish for the test suite, could we have some sort of
> --no-internet option that would disable the tests requiring internet acces?

By default internet requiring tests are not run. You have to turn them
on with --network or say yes during an interactive Build.pl run.

I'm marking your enhancement request on bugzilla as invalid, but if you
are running into some issue that gives you internet tests when you don't
want them, please update the bug report with details.

> That would allow Debian to run the tests at build time and have the results in
> our build logs, which are publically readable.

Though in any case, I'm not sure how having the internet tests turned on
prevents the above?