[Bioperl-l] How to get more results from Blast

Scott Markel SMarkel at accelrys.com
Wed Nov 12 21:45:52 UTC 2008

Sean,

The BLAST command line options are "-b" (number of alignments)
and "-v" (number of hits).  The defaults are 250 and 500,
respectively.  You probably want to set them to the same value,
otherwise you'll get hits in the one-line summary with no
corresponding pairwise alignment.

Scott

Scott Markel, Ph.D.
Principal Bioinformatics Architect  email:  smarkel at accelrys.com
Accelrys (SciTegic R&D)             mobile: +1 858 205 3653
10188 Telesis Court, Suite 100      voice:  +1 858 799 5603
San Diego, CA 92121                 fax:    +1 858 799 5222
USA                                 web:    http://www.accelrys.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/smarkel
Board of Directors: International Society for Computational Biology
Co-chair: ISCB Publications Committee
Associate Editor: PLoS Computational Biology
Editorial Board: Briefings in Bioinformatics