[Bioperl-l] help_to_acces_clustal-w

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Tue May 13 15:29:16 UTC 2008

Hi Punit,

Please make sure that you use 'reply to all' when responding so that this
gets seen on the BioPerl mailing list, too.

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 1:25 PM, punit kumar <punit_vergoboy2004 at yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> in actually i use the perl version 5.6 and i have  tried before to install
> the bioperl on the windows workstation before.
>
> but in actually it was so painfull i do not wanna change my prior version
> of the perl which is used by my
>  and wanna install too so that is my problem.

I have never tried installing Perl on Windows, but if you read the BioPerl
installation guide for
Windows<http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_on_Windows>that
I pointed you to, you'll see that a straightforward ActivePerl
installer is available. So you shouldn't have to install Perl from the
source code.

Again, I haven't done it personally, but I would expect that the ActivePerl
installer allows you to specify where it installs Perl. This would enable
you to keep your existing Perl 5.6 installation and have a separate Perl
5.8.x installation for use with BioPerl.

According to the BioPerl Windows installation guide, once you install
ActivePerl, there is a Perl Package Manager with a graphical interface that
makes it very easy to install the latest version of BioPerl.

Dave