[Bioperl-l] HitTableWriter error

Steve Chervitz sac at bioperl.org
Sun Mar 23 22:20:43 UTC 2008

Hi Owen

Sorry, I don't have time to look into this right now, but two thoughts:

1) The ResultTableWriter is intended to convert standard blast reports into
a tabular format. So if you already have tabular results, you are sort of
using it "off label", but in principle, it should work.

2) The iteration method is only available to BlastHit objects, since it is
only relevant to PSI-blast results. The fact that you got this error when
working with blast results indicates that the parser did not generate the
correct object type for your hits, using the GenericHit when it should have
used BlastHit. This is just a hunch and would be worth following up on. Can
you submit this as a bug report?

Thanks,
Steve