[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tree::AnnotatableNode

Han, Mira mirhan at indiana.edu
Thu Jun 19 21:07:28 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a few questions regarding the design of the AnnotatableNode.

1. add_tag_value or Annotation::SimpleValue?
I have property tags for nodes that can be defined by the user, that
contains generally simple scalar values,
I'm currently using the Annotation::SimpleValue to contain them in the node.
What I'm wondering is..
should I use the tag/value implementation already in NodeI for these
instead?

2. I have to also maintain a unique identifier for each node called
id_source.
First I was looking to use the internal_id to store the unique ids.
But now I realized that we cannot set the internal_id to arbitrary ids,
We can only get the values already determined.
So now I'm wondering again should I set this id as a tag/value? Or a
SimpleAnnotation?
Or can I modify the code so that we can set the internal_id?

Mira