[Bioperl-l] updating a reciprocal blast file

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Jun 5 20:18:40 UTC 2008

Are you keeping each pairwise in a separate file and then combining
it all?
  http://fungalgenomes.org/~stajich/scripts/pairwise_blast_jobs_big.pl

Are you fixing E-values so they are scaled across different sized
databases? You will probably want to add a Z= parameter to insure
values are useable.

I also had to hack ORTHOMCL locally to cache things in DB_Files as it
was too memory intensive the way it runs on my big datasets.

-jason