[Bioperl-l] bio::graphics:panel track name

Lincoln Stein lincoln.stein at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 00:17:29 UTC 2008

Hi Alper,

When you create the Bio::Graphics::Panel, pass it a *-key_style* option of
"left" or "between". If you use "left" you may also need to provide a *
-pad_left* option to add extra space in the image for the keys to fit,
depending on which version of bioperl you are using.

Lincoln

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Alper Yilmaz <alperyilmaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I went through the manual but couldn't solve the problem. I'm trying
> to have track labels in a graph generated by bio::graphics::panel. I'm
> using
> -key=>'CRE'  within add_track.
>
> but the output is not what I wanted. This generates a key legend on
> the bottom of the graph instead of putting the track name on left of
> the track.
>
> below is a sample track and as I said this does NOT generate a track
> with track name "CRE" on left. @features gets the start, end
> information via Bio::SeqFeature::Generic
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> $panel->add_track(\@features,   -glyph => 'generic',
>                                -bgcolor => 'yellow',
>                                -title => sub {
>                                        my $element = shift;
>                                        my $name = $element->display_name;
>                                        return $name;
>                                              },
>                               -key=>'CRE',
>                               -label=> 1,
>                                -description=>0,
>                                -link => 'cis_info.html?cis_name=$name',
>                           );
>
> Sorry for bothering you with my questions lately, but I ensure that I
> go through the manual and some pain, and then ask the question here.
>
> thanks,
>
> alper

Lincoln D. Stein

Ontario Institute for Cancer Research