[Bioperl-l] Problems when trying to persist a sequence in my BioSQL database using BioPerl

Gabrielle Doan gabrielle_doan at gmx.net
Tue Jul 1 08:29:37 UTC 2008

Hi Hilmar and Sendu,

thanks a lot for your help! After installing the latest version of
Scalar::Util I didn't get the error anymore. Unfortunately, I'm facing
an other problem. I tried to insert the Genbank file of the human
Chromosome 1 - downloaded from the NCBI
(ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genomes/H_sapiens/CHR_01/hs_ref_chr1.gbk.gz) -
into my BioSQL database with a perl script (load_seqdatabase.pl from the
BioPerl db package), but after about one hour I received the message
'Out of memory'. After the abort I have only 13 entries in my database.
I can't image that four GB RAM are not sufficient. Does anybody have the
same problem? I am greateful for any hint!

Cheers,
Gabrielle