[Bioperl-l] bioperl on mac

Brian Osborne bosborne11 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 26 16:14:13 UTC 2008

Katherine,

Perl keeps the addresses of all the module directories in its @INC
array. What do you see when you do:

perl -e 'print @INC'

?

If '/sw/share/bioperl-pm586' is not in @INC then you need to put it
there, perhaps by adding something like:

setenv PERL5LIB ${PERL5LIB}:/sw/share/bioperl-pm586

to the .tcshrc file in your home directory (if you use tcsh that is,
most use bash, .bashrc, and 'set' these days).

You asked some other questions, the general answer is that all the
modules you'll need are in the 2 packages you've installed, and you
don't need to move them from /sw.

Brian O.