[Bioperl-l] Wiki inconsistency?

Nathan S Haigh n.haigh at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 07:32:10 UTC 2008

Hi Sendu,

Have you thought about using a template for the latest stable release and the latest developer release? That way, any article/link that always needs
to point to the latest version simply has to include the correct template? So once a new release is made, you simply update the one template, and
changes automatically propagate through the wiki - might save some wiki admin each time there's a new release. You could get more intricate, and use a
template to show the latest version of any particular release series so you could do something like:

{{latest release|series=1.5.x|full=y}}
and
{{latest release|series=1.4.x|full=y}}

or even:

{{latest release|series=stable|full=y}}
and
{{latest release|series=dev|full=y}}

these templates could return 1.5.2_102 if the "full" param is set to something or simply 1.5.2 if the "full" param is missing.

Just a thought.
Nath