[Bioperl-l] Bio::Assembly::IO problems - FIXED!

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Feb 25 23:23:06 UTC 2008

I solved the problem :-)
The contig lines in our .ace files have a lower-case 'c' in the contig name instead of upper-case so weren't being found by this regex in ace.pm line 142:
	(/^CO Contig(\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\d+) (\w+)/) && do { # New contig found!

e.g:
	CO contig00001 711 12 6 U
instead of:
	CO Contig00001 711 12 6 U

Our contigs were generated with Newbler version 1.1.01.20. so might be something to watch out for in future.

Russell Smithies

Bioinformatics Software Developer
T +64 3 489 9085
E  russell.smithies at agresearch.co.nz