[Bioperl-l] Clustering of Gene Ontology Terms

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 21 11:54:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 4:35 AM, K. Shameer <shameer at ncbs.res.in> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>  Is there any module available in Bioperl that can be used to perform
>  clustering of Gene Ontology terms from a set of Gene IDs and its
>  respective Flybase GO annotations. These Gene IDs where hits from a
>  high-throughput experiment. We would like to find the GO-Term enriched
>  areas to get better biological insight irrespective of the experimental
>  parameters.
>
>  I am extremely sorry if this is off-topic :
>  Can you please point me towards any paper/libraries that had used Gene
>  Ontology based clustering ?

I'm not sure what you mean by GO clustering.  However, there are a
number of packages that will look for enriched GO terms given a set of
Gene IDs.  If you are looking for programmatic support for custom
pipelines, you can look at R/Bioconductor.

Here is a website that will look for GO enrichment and takes Flybase
IDs as the gene identifier:

http://niaid.abcc.ncifcrf.gov/home.jsp

Sean