[Bioperl-l] How to add branch labels for PAML codeml branch models

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Fri Feb 8 01:52:39 UTC 2008

It will work if you just change the node's ID to be something like:
'ID #1' (for tips) and for the internal nodes just set the id to

I added some code to demonstrate this one the wiki:
  http://bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:PAML#Setting_up_Branch-specific_labels

The format is nonstandard so you have to hack the output some to get
what you want, hence the extra part that requires you strip out the "
since they are required for escaping space characters.

-jason