[Bioperl-l] Problems Installing Bioperl 1.5.2 - Windows

Terrance Mok tthmok at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 21:54:49 UTC 2008

Hi I've been trying to install bioperl on a fresh install of ActivePerl on
Windows.
Following the installation guide using the GUI Perl Package Manager, I add
the 4 locations and all of them list 0 packages except for "Bribes
http://www.Bribes.org/perl/ppm <http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm>".
Then when searching for bioperl (with all package view), nothing shows up
since no packages are found for all the other locations I added.

I've also had problems installing on Ubuntu (helping a friend), when using
CPAN and following exactly the guide on the bioperl installation it will not
work.  When doing the install command in CPAN, install S/SE/SENDU/bioperl-
1.5.2_102.tar.gz  she gets an error that
"/home/username/.cpan/build/bioperl-1.5.2_102: No such file or directory at
Makefile.PL line 25."