[Bioperl-l] FastA and Bioperl

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Dec 15 17:15:13 UTC 2008

Please direct your questions to the mailing list.

Sure it parses FastA - I assume you are talking about using
Bio::SearchIO - you will want to make sure you are using at least
version 1.5.2 that is available in CPAN or the website.
If you need followup help please use the mailing list.

-jason
On Dec 15, 2008, at 4:16 AM, Heleen de Weerd wrote:

> Dear sir Stajich,
>
> I am using the latest version of fasta (fastx35_t). Now I want to
> use the output that comes from this program and parse it with bioperl.
> The problem I am facing at the moment is that bioperl doesn't
> recognise this FastA output type.
> Is there any chance that this will be able in the next version of
> bioperl?
>
> Sincerely,
> Heleen de Weerd
> University College Cork

> You live life online. So we put Windows on the web.

Jason Stajich
jason at bioperl.org