[Bioperl-l] blast module errors with web app

Samantha Thompson Samantha.Thompson at greenbiologics.com
Tue Dec 9 20:24:31 UTC 2008

Hi,
I tried this env grep, theres nothing in my env variables with regards
to blast...

With the blast executables I gunzip'd them from ncbi and cp'd the
executables from the blast/bin directory of the distribution to my own
/usr/bin ...
When I run blastall from the command line anywhere it works fine... when
I run it in a normal perl script it works (in that the test script tells
me the number of hits on the command line) .... but when I run it from
within the Catalyst app it throws those exceptions... it may be because
it's trying to create that tmp directory when it runs and isn't able
to... I'm not sure how I would set those in Catalyst, but thats kind of
veering away from BioPerl into Catalyst.. I will try a few more
things....
Thanks,

Sam