[Bioperl-l] [Gmod-gbrowse] Bioperl 1.6 and Bio::Graphics

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 2 17:07:43 UTC 2008

Lincoln,

> Hi Chris,
>
> I am supportive of splitting out Bio::Graphics, but not the
> Bio::DB::* modules before the 1.6 release. The only dependency issue
> is the module Bio::Graphics::FeatureBase, which is a lightweight
> hash-based Bio::SeqFeatureI module that is shared between
> Bio::Graphics::Feature and Bio::DB::SeqFeature. It should be renamed
> and kept in the main bioperl distribution.

Okay, we can do that.  Would you want that to be under bio-graphics in
subversion, or should we think ahead a bit in case other Gbrowse-
dependent modules migrate there and call it something else?

> Will it confuse people if I rename this module Bio::SeqFeature::Lite?

Bio::SeqFeature::Lite works for me.  I can't see that causing too many
problems as long as Gbrowse installation always picks the latest dev
or CPAN release based on the version (though I don't know if there are
any documentation fixes we need to take care of, maybe on the wiki).

chris