[Bioperl-l] alignment by TCoffee as a subroutine

sergei ryazansky dr.hogart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:54:59 UTC 2008

Hi Albert,

The isolated call is executed without any problem, so the code is
absolutely correct. The problem arise when this sub executed within the
whole script - after successful execution of TCoffee alignment the
execution of the rest of script is terminated. The whole code is very big
(~500 lines), so for simplicity lets imagine the sheme of script in the
following view:
sub1;
sub2;
sub3;
sub align;  # TCoffe alignment;
sub4;
sub5;

Each sub (subroutine) is independent from the others subs; The order of
script execution is 1,2,3,align,4,5. But after the execution of align the
execution of the rest of subs (4 and 5) is terminated. The script without
sub align {} successfully execute the sub 4 and sub 5. So, I mean that
interpreter won't compile sub 4 and 5 if sub align is placed before them.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 18:16:56 +0400, Albert Vilella <avilella at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Sergei,
>
> Can you try to isolate this call with a simpler example to see if it
> still
> fails? When you say that the problems are in the compilation, do you mean
> that the interpreter won't even compile or that it fails during
> execution?
> Have you checked that you have all the dependencies right?
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Albert.
>
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:36 PM, sergei ryazansky <dr.hogart at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> remainder
>> > >

>> > The problem lies somewhere within the rest of your script, so we have
>> > see it if you want help.
>> >
>> > Why are you using Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::TCoffee at all if you
>> > don't make use of the resulting alignment object? A system call might
>> make
>> > more sense given what you're doing. The beauty of
>> > Bio::Tools::Run::Alignment::TCoffee is that you don't have to parse
>> the
>> > result file (temp_align.out) yourself.
>> >

>> The rest of script,imho, is ok, because without this sub it is work
>> fine.
>> May be problem lies into the TCoffee itself?
>>
>> One of the feature of script is to estimate the quantity of nt changes
>> in
>> each position in the different similar sequences in comparing with
>> consensus
>> sequences. To perform this it is nesseccary to obtain the multiply
>> alignment: the result of TCoffee alignment goes to another subroutine,
>> that
>> estemated the level of changes. Of course, I dont think that this way
>> is the
>> best approach, most probably there are a lot of the better ways to do
>> it.
>> But for my today purposes it is ok.
>>
>> --

Отправлено M2, революционной почтовой программой Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/mail/