[Bioperl-l] [Gmod-gbrowse] quick update on bioperl nightly builds

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 2 15:03:32 UTC 2008

The changes I made were related to problems checking MySQL for
Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store tests when connectivity requires username/
password.  For some reason it tests DB connectivity up front, while
Bio::DB::GFF assumes the DB setup is correct (no direct DB check) then
runs tests assuming the setup is correct.

You can view the diffs for your commits here:

http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/bioperl/diff/bioperl-live/trunk/ModuleBuildBioperl.pm?revs=14604&revs=14548

http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/bioperl/diff/bioperl-live/trunk/Build.PL?revs=14604&revs=14565

I'll try working on merging them together today; it shouldn't be too
hard (the changes were fairly minor in both Build.PL and
Module::Build).  I'll test to make sure your changes stay in as well.
Down the road I believe we need to rethink how we want the Build
process to run using Module::Build as it's a bit convoluted, but it
works for now.

chris

On Apr 2, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Scott Cain wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> (trimmed out gbrowse mailing list since this is just bioperl business)
>
> Speaking of the pass through stuff, Sendu mentioned that I stomped on
> some changes to Build.PL that you and he did when I committed that
> change, so it should be rolled back.  Is there a good (svn) way to do
> that?  Or should I just copy the contents of the old (good) Build.PL
> into a fresh file in my checkout and commit it?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 22:59 -0500, Chris Fields wrote:
>> Nope, that isn't intended.  I fixed it and reran it manually, so it
>> should be fine now (note I didn't update the log file; the next cron
>> run will catch that).
>>
>> I may toy around with your recent passthrough flag addition to try
>> getting automated PPM's up and running.
>>
>> chris
>>
>> On Apr 1, 2008, at 10:12 PM, Scott Cain wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> The tarball is currently (Apr 1) being built in a tmp directory, so
>>> that
>>> the extracted tarball is ./tmp/bioperl-live/.  Is that intended?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Scott

>>> --

> Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   cain.cshl at gmail.com