[Bioperl-l] release of own projects

Spiros Denaxas spiros at lokku.com
Tue Sep 11 10:57:14 UTC 2007

Hey,

Yes, IMHO the best way would be to create CPANesque modules that
people are able to download and install. The installation is pretty
straightforward, covers prerequisites  and more advanced features if
needed and as an approach it is widely supported. Also, it gives you
the ability to create and integrate tests seamlessly :)

Check out these URL's on how to do it:

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/pod/perlnewmod.pod
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=158999
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=431702

Btw, more friendly and automated tools exist besides h2xs. Be sure to
have a look at:

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?ExtUtils::ModuleMaker
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Module::Starter

Hope this helps,
Spiros

ps. i suggest since its your research work you are going to be handing
out to read a bit on the various software licenses which exist and
which you prefer to license your code under.