[Bioperl-l] CG content plot of sequence

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 3 18:19:43 UTC 2007

You should look at Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna.  From the POD:

---------------------------

This glyph draws DNA sequences.  At high magnifications, this glyph
will draw the actual base pairs of the sequence (both strands).  At
low magnifications, the glyph will plot the GC content.  By default,
the GC calculation will use non-overlapping bins, but this can be
changed by specifying the gc_window option, in which case, a
sliding window calculation will be used.

For this glyph to work, the feature must return a DNA sequence string
Bio::SeqFeature::Generic object with an attached Bio::PrimarySeq
like this:
     my $dna = Bio::PrimarySeq->new( -seq => 'A' x 1000 );
     my $feature = Bio::SeqFeature::Generic->new( -start => 1, -end
=> 800 );
     $feature->attach_seq($dna);
     $panel->add_track( $feature, -glyph => 'dna' );

A Bio::Graphics::Feature object may also be used.

chris