[Bioperl-l] Bioperl-ext test fails

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Tue Nov 27 15:41:38 UTC 2007

a_arya2000 wrote:
> Hello,
> I downloaded latest bioperl-ext from bioperl website,
> and I have io_lib v1.8.11 installed, and I was trying
> to install Bio::SeqIO::staden::read (of bioperl-ext).
> It compiled fine without any error but when I run make
> test I got following output.
[...]
> All tests successful.
> Files=1, Tests=94,  2 wallclock secs ( 1.56 cusr +
> 0.15 csys =  1.71 CPU)
>

> Anyone has any idea what might be going wrong here? By
> the way, my OS is Linux. Thank you very much.

Not being familiar with the test script or ext, I can at least say that
nothing actually went wrong: 'All tests successful'. Apparently there
are some things in the test script that are known by the author to not
work quite right, so he marked them as 'todo'. The problems seem
harmless in any case, with things returning 0 instead of undef.

So, unless you've reason to believe there is something significant going
on, all is well.