[Bioperl-l] pSW vs dpAlign

Kevin Brown Kevin.M.Brown at asu.edu
Mon Nov 19 18:31:38 UTC 2007

I was able to get the Ext package installed, just had to copy the
Align.pm file up one directory from where it was being put by the
installer.  Now I have a technician trying to use pSW (Bio::Tools::pSW)
and it appears to have been last updated back in '99 and seems to lack
certain methods to get things out of the alignment like the score.  The
test.pl script that Bio::Ext comes with actually uses
Bio::Tools::dpAlign.  Is dpAlign the replacement for pSW?