[Bioperl-l] How can I change only one letter of Bio::Seq object without making another object?

Sang Chul Choi goshng at gmail.com
Sat May 12 15:21:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

One Bio::Seq's sequence is "ACGT" and I want this object to have
"ACGA" by changing the fouth letter from T to A. I thought I could do
this by reading sequence string through the method of seq(), changing
the string by perl's general function, and generating another Bio::Seq
object with the new string. This seems to be silly, a little bit.

Is there any simple way to do this? Or, is there any method of
Bio::Seq to do this: to change one letter at a particular position, or
additionally to change letters with some range?

Thank you,

Sang Chul